The charging station for the all-electric rental car, donated to the University by Connecticut Light & Power (CL&P) in return for research on the station’s use, also provides the power for an all-electric eStar step van the University is purchasing, using a $75,000 grant from the state Department of Transportation. The eStar is cleaner and less expensive to operate than the 10-year-old diesel truck it will replace.
Sustainable Transportation Changes
- Purchasing Guidlines Update
- UConn is currently working to increase the number of hybrid and electric vehicles in our fleet
- Boost in Charging Stations
- Recently, Hertz added four new charging stations in the Storrs Center garage for charging
- Two charging stations exist on the UConn Campus (by Transportation Services) for charging electric vehicles
Extra Tools: Find a SmartWay Vehicle